Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking into getting a new clutch on hand for when its needed, on rocky mountain they have the tusk and the ebc clutch kits.. are they any good? and also what do the stiffer springs actually do? and will i notice it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just replaced my clutch. I bought the EBC clutch from rockymountain. The heavy duty springs were alot stiffer than stock. I put the stock springs back in, the new ones were to tough to compress. I dont ride much so when I go riding I get bad arm pump. So far the clutch has held up good but I have only ridden it for 4 hours.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do the stiffer springs just make it harder to pull the clutch lever? which i would guess would make the clutch not slip as much?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sysnxt said:
do the stiffer springs just make it harder to pull the clutch lever? which i would guess would make the clutch not slip as much?

I don't think they make it that hard to pull at all, I just put the Barnett Dirt digger clutch and heavy Duty springs in my 780 and the pull isn't bad at all and I'm an old fart ;) The EBC kit was poor quaity IMHO that what I just changed out. After researching the different kits avalible the Barnett kit is what I went with they have a new superior friction material there using and it just became avalible in March as I understand it. The tusk kit was so cheap in price that I shyed away from it. It may hold up in a stocker but I don't see it lasting long in a modded engine making real good TQ.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where do you get the barnett kit from? i dont see it on rocky mountain, is it expensive?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sysnxt said:
where do you get the barnett kit from? i dont see it on rocky mountain, is it expensive?

I ordered mine from Kenz cycle tech. They were pretty reasonable on the price 8) but good high quality clutch kits are not cheap.

I did not notice that big of a difference from stock to the Barnett heavy duty springs. The EBC springs however did make a difference, it did not feel as smooth and felt harder to pull initially, problem is the springs went away fast and failed on my 780 so I can't reccomend the EBC's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts