Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding today and my clutch started to slip really bad. Got it home and took it all apart. It got to the point where I let the clutch out and it just revved and wouldnt go anywhere so a friend helped me toe it home. The fiber plates look fine but the metal ones look really bad with tons of marks in them. Wanted to see if you thought that was normal for the fibers to look good and the others to look partly black with the marks in it.

Thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Was riding today and my clutch started to slip really bad. Got it home and took it all apart. It got to the point where I let the clutch out and it just revved and wouldnt go anywhere so a friend helped me toe it home. The fiber plates look fine but the metal ones look really bad with tons of marks in them. Wanted to see if you thought that was normal for the fibers to look good and the others to look partly black with the marks in it.

Thanks
Take all the steel plates and lay them on top of each other, if you see any gaps between or if they are warped, they are garbage, same for the friction discs..............

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Is there any other problems that would feel similar to a burnt out clutch?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Just wondering because I put the metal discs together and none were warped. But it felt like a burnt clutch and smelled like it. Should know tomorrow when I put the new clutch in.

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's usually a duck.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks. Just wondering because I put the metal discs together and none were warped. But it felt like a burnt clutch and smelled like it. Should know tomorrow when I put the new clutch in.
Are you changing the springs also......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts