Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long and how much work am I gonna have to do to replace my clutch it went out after a year...I guess 3rd gear lauches will catch up to you.

Anyway anyone replace theres?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Clutch replacement is fairly straight forward. If you follow the manual step by step you should do fine. Here is a tip- soak the friction plates in oil overnight before you install. If you burned one up in one year I would look into a Hinson clutch. I ALWAYS put Hinson on my dirtbikes, and I probably will on the Raptor when it wears out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah....the hinson or gytr clutch pieces and then do a heavy duty clutch kit...with heavier springs and better plates. Trinity sells them...I am sure you can find them other places too!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
And if you really want to have the cat's ass set-up add a Magura hydraulic clutch. One finger is all it takes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey man, did this happen out at Gordons last weekend? I was wondering how long you could keep that up for. I saw you beat'n up on a pretty nice shee before I left Test, did you keep it in third like we tested?
:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.