Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read somewhere, that when replacing the clutch you can tilt the quad over to not lose oil. Not sure if this is accurate or not? Only reason I am inquiring is because I just did an oil change and would like to eliminate the need to drain and fill if possible.
And I would imagine, nothing you can do to save the coolant from running out?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yeah you can get a few tow straps and find a good set of hook points on your frame and just have it sit on its tires and it will help with the whole process, not just oil. Stacking those clutch friction plates and separators a lot easier since they won't be able to fall out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yup thats what i did last time. Still loose a bit of oil and coolant but not as much as the regular way

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I thought I read somewhere, that when replacing the clutch you can tilt the quad over to not lose oil. Not sure if this is accurate or not? Only reason I am inquiring is because I just did an oil change and would like to eliminate the need to drain and fill if possible.
And I would imagine, nothing you can do to save the coolant from running out?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If your raptors clutch is smoked then I'd change the oil to remove the debris / fiber material that's in the oil.

Trying to skimp on maintaining / doing it the proper way just costs you more money end the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts