Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My clutch started slipping yestarday at a race, i did do a search and every situation seems to be different, so i am going to lay down the bike conditions.

its a 2008, dont know how many hours, but i just changed filter and oil about 15-20 hours ago, clutch cable is all in, theres no more adjustment, tried loosening it up and it still slipped. i put motul 5100 15w50 in it. wheather ranged anywhere from -2 celisus to 26 celsius. if i give it gas, mostlly on high gears and low revs, the revs will go up but the bike didnt, the clutch strats to slowlly catch up with the engine until it does. raced for 8 hours like this and the problem didnt see, to get any worse, it just slipped the same.

so what are the possibilities?

maybe the clutch cable streched too much?

maybe the oil?

maybe the clutch is shot?

shoot

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
If there is no tension on your clutch cable.....and your clutch is slipping, then its time for a new clutch....its done.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cable is at the end of the adjustment on the lever, may have come adjustin on the clutch, but i did slip it for 9 hours of racing so i could get to the finish line, because i was in the middleof nowhere, so it fried it. im going to order gytr clutch kit, anything else i need to order to do the replacement?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Normally just the clutch fibers....since you were slipping for so long your clutch steels are probably glazed as well...and don't forget the clutch cover gasket and oil as you will have to drain the oil.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi,

My clutch started slipping yestarday at a race, i did do a search and every situation seems to be different, so i am going to lay down the bike conditions.

its a 2008, dont know how many hours, but i just changed filter and oil about 15-20 hours ago, clutch cable is all in, theres no more adjustment, tried loosening it up and it still slipped. i put motul 5100 15w50 in it. wheather ranged anywhere from -2 celisus to 26 celsius. if i give it gas, mostlly on high gears and low revs, the revs will go up but the bike didnt, the clutch strats to slowlly catch up with the engine until it does. raced for 8 hours like this and the problem didnt see, to get any worse, it just slipped the same.

so what are the possibilities?

maybe the clutch cable streched too much?

maybe the oil?

maybe the clutch is shot?

shoot
Check you oil containers specs, should the oil contain friction modifiers, you found your problem............

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check you oil containers specs, should the oil contain friction modifiers, you found your problem............

but if i do find modifiers, i still fried it right? next race is a 625 mile race and i dont want to take a chance. i slipped it for a long long time.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
but if i do find modifiers, i still fried it right? next race is a 625 mile race and i dont want to take a chance. i slipped it for a long long time.
If the oil contains the modifers, the clutch is garbage, you must flush the engine to get of any contamination and then change all the plates...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts