Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding on trails...normal riding... lost all gears out of no where. The bike starts and runs. I can find neutral and reverse but as soon as I let off of the clutch, the bike acts like it’s in neutral. It doesn’t grab in any gear. I can hear it click through the gears And neutral and reverse light comes on but it won’t engage.

Things I have checked already:
Sprockets are all good
Took case apart, clutch does not look fried
No metal shavings or lose pieces.
I can spin the shaft in the basket and the drive sprocket spins no problem.
There is no parking brake so it is not locked up there

Besides the clutch being totally fried, I don’t have any other ideas. I ordered a new clutch since I’m already in there. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Someone else just posted on here that they took it apart and put it back together and it worked fine afyerwards. They speculated that the cabke and/or lever at the case was out of adjustment and keeping the clutch applied. Have you relieved all the tension in the cable?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going to replace the clutch and the cable this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you

·
Master of the Electron
14,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chad!

From your symptom descriptions, it is most likely worn out clutch disks... assuming there is some play in your clutch cable and lever when you release it completely. You will know for sure when you get the side cover off.

BTW. one post per issue is enough - multiples are frowned upon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol my bad. I didn’t know if it posted which is why I posted again. Thank you. Sorry for the double post

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,187 Posts
Check the clutch case lever for free play. No play means a bad clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts