Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i acquired an 01 raptor 660, heres the story behind it. A friend bought it from the dealer rode it for a few months, crashed and bent the frame. i bought the bike from him after it sat untouched for about 2 years. ive done an oil change, carb rebuild, the works. But i think the clutch might be stuck from sitting there for so long because it will not disengage. Its like if you werent even pressing the clutch. I checked the clutch cable and everything seems to be working properly the line has no play and clutch lever moves normal when i press the clutch... so whats happening? id like to get some tips before i end up taking the cover off to see whats happening :confused:

thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Is it 'sticking' just sitting still, when you try to push it around, or is this with engine running? The plates could just be stuck together and need a good 'jolt' from riding to pop them free.

Get the engine (and oil) good and hot and see if you can get it to free up. If you can't free it to start out in first, bump start it, get it moving and then try revving the throttle with the clutch lever pulled a few times.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Get the engine hot as said previously and drive somewhere safe, get in to one of the higher gears and holding the clutch in, slam on all the brakes, but be cautious............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Voila! Glad it worked... hope it causes no more issues. Now RIDE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts