Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i burnt my clutch up yesterday in a drag race.. whats the best kind of clutch for drag racing and the price... and if any one knows were to get them at thanks...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: CLUCH

yea how about you learn how to type first before you :thumbsup: post.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Not everybody can type as beautifully and elegantly as you do, Ajax. Or punctuate, for that matter. Or capitalize either...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
not sure about your answer but im in the same boat. im putting a new clutch in my 04 660 right now, but is there anyway of getting the clutch apart without having to pull the motor out and take off the swingarm? all thats holding me up are the little bolts in the sidecase that are inline with the frame by the heel gard :mad:. i am NO gonna drill the frame gussets or the anything to mod the frame to get them out. is there a trick or something to it? :3question:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I had the same problem on my 01'. I used a wrench to get to the bolts by the frame and once I got the side cover loose I cocked it at a angle so I could get the bolts all the way out. It's a kind of a pain but once you figure it out it's not that bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got mine in today.. it was a big pain in the ass.. u dont have to drill out any thing just gotta play w/ it a lot and find out were it will slip in and out at.. but i will never do mine again. i will pay some one to do it .. but its all done now ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Why pay someone to do something that easy, there is only one bolt you cant get out, and the clutch is so easy to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts