Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering how difficult it is to install a new clutch? Reason why I'm asking is because when I start my raptor up the first time and it is in gear it likes to jump forward. Is that a sign my clutch is going or something else? Thanks in advance. My mechanical knowledge is realitively decent. I've installed a clutch on a vehicle is there any real difference? Also where is a good place to get a clutch? If that is my problem. Also my adjustment down on the motor is all the way towards the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just recently bought a 04 Raptor, and had a similar problem. I asked a similar question on this forum and received several post. All good info. Check out my question under the same heading as yours "clutch" and see if it helps you any. I ended up pulling my clutch apart to inspect it, but it looked new, no problems. I changed the oil, and it seemed to make a small difference, but it still lurches forward when cold, but when it is hot there is no problem. According to several other posters, this is common to Raptors. I'm not going to worry about mine any more. As far as changing the clutch, I would rate it a 6 out of 10 in difficulty. It is not that bad, but I would get a manual if you don't already have one. It will help with reassembly. All the plates are not the same, and they need to go back in the correct order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts