Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im removing my clutch cover to mod a gear and was wondering if i should replace my clutch plates while i have it open.
i havent had any clutch issues but the bike is an 04 and has original clutch in it.
also was wonderin if yes what clutch to put in it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tusk,dirt racer. stock, gytr clutch?

my rappy is an 04 with removed baffle, removed air box lid and dj jet kit and dont plan on doing to many more motor mods cause it is mainly just a trail machine.

im gonna replace clutch while i have case open and was wondering which one to replace it with.

vito, gytr, tusk, wiseco, stock, dirt racer......etc

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts
my rappy is an 04 with removed baffle, removed air box lid and dj jet kit and dont plan on doing to many more motor mods cause it is mainly just a trail machine.

im gonna replace clutch while i have case open and was wondering which one to replace it with.

vito, gytr, tusk, wiseco, stock, dirt racer......etc
:thumbsup:

·
Master of the Electron
15,044 Posts
Many here prefer the GYTR.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im leaning towards the gytr clutch kit after looking at some threads on here but was wondering with the minimal hp im runnin should i stick with just getting the plates and springs.
would i be throwing my money away replacing the basket, drive, or carrier part of the clutch. my stock ones look like new besides a little shine at the bottom of the basket.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Aslong as there is no damage to any of you clutch parts I would just run the plates and stiffer springs. You should be fine just like that.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have used several different brands but presently using stock OEM plates........

·
Registered
435 Posts
are the gytr's still on backorder?I have not heard an update on it.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I saw some for sale the other day on a website, but didn't inquire as to whether they were actually available.

You can run the sportbike clutches or OEM, I have been trying other companies and have had good experiences thus far. Will share more once I get more time on them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i see that it says the gyt is for modified motors so would it be overkill for mine, does it pull a lot harder, i like the ease of pulling in the stock clutch.

would i be better off with something like vitos kit or ebc

·
Registered
505 Posts
GYTR clutch is stiffer than stock, but not horribly stiff. For your setup, I think stock clutch with EBC springs will work. I ran the EBC springs for a while on a stock clutch, worked fine and didnt break the bank

·
Registered
14 Posts
my 660 is stock aside from K&N, breathers in the air box and rejet kit and i just put the Tusk kit from ebay on my Raptor. It's been a few weeks of pretty fun riding and I haven't had an issue with them. Got a kit with the discs/plates springs and the case gasket for like, 65 bucks or so. Can't argue with it thus far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts