Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
im taking my quad apart for some winter maintenance, over the next couple of weeks, and thinking of changing the clutch. the reason is that if im in any gear 1/4 throttle and i open her right up, the engine seems to rev really quickly, but the quad is "slow" to pick up, its almost like the cluch is slipping.

so my questions are,

who makes a good clutch? (i appantantly have a modified cluch already with the thicker cluch plate?).
what oil should i use, semi syn, of fully, would this make a diference?

i found this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-RAPTOR-700-HEAVY-DUTY-CLUTCH-KIT-/290599252469

the quad has DMCs, GYTR intake and filter, mo-flow lid, PC3, and dyna tech ignition, i am not going to do any internal engine mods.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I am currently running the EBC clutch, it has been fine this whole season. However, most guys will reccomend the OEM clutch.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i forgot to say that i "belive" its a GYTR if this helps:confused:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt:(

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
EBC springs suck Ass. go with oem fibers (8 with clutch mod). Get some HD springs from tqs or HDD. I think dl sells an entire rebuild kit. Or you can shim your current springs with washers if u want. This is from personal experience and opinon. Have fun! Raptor clutchs are a blast to change...

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I would go with the OEM fibers and stay with the stock springs.....you don't need the stiffer springs with your power, all it will do is tire out your hand faster. just my .02

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
I would go with the OEM fibers and stay with the stock springs.....you don't need the stiffer springs with your power, all it will do is tire out your hand faster. just my .02
meh. or dont have little girl hands.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thansk for the advice guys, where is the best place to get a cluch from???
any links please:)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just throw in an oem clutch full fiber mod and HD springs from HDD buy it all thru them
(951) 743-6328
Ask for Daniel west coast time zone so take into account when you you call.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It's clutch I'm running in my bike holds up fine.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok update, i have ordered a new clutch from HDD (really helpful guys) is there any tips,hints ect or anything to look out for when i change the clutch, also should i change the cable as well,
thanks in advance:)

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Clutch cover can be tricky to POP off there's a tab on the right side of the cover I used to pry the cover off with a crow bar. Lining the clutch ARM back up when u reinstall the cover can be tricky as well. Make sure the lever pulls correctly before putting all the cover bolts back on. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts