Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. did a search and came up with 660s & 700 answers. But that does not answer the 350 question is it possible or is it not possible. Those who have experience I need your input.
THX!

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Raptor 3Flipty said:
O.k. did a search and came up with 660s & 700 answers. But that does not answer the 350 question is it possible or is it not possible. Those who have experience I need your input.
THX!
A manual clutch is a manual clutch, at least on the vast majority of sport atvs. Anything you've found as far as feasability and reliability will be applicable to your warrior.

·
Registered
751 Posts
just make sure you let off the gas before you shift.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have done it with all my machines including my old 1986 200x ATC and have only had to put in 1 clutch in 21 years. The key is to learn at what RPM's each bike likes it and like 06Rappy700R said let off the gas when doing it and it will slide right in.

I don't do it all the time but when on fast trails or open sand it is sometimes easier.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the closing arguement in my mind about clutchless shifting. I often wondered if just race quads could acheive this method as 450Rs and others. I only got to try clutchless shifting going into turns too fast by lack of skill. But will give it some practice thanks again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
clutchless shifting

The only time I use my clutch is to take off and stop. One of my friends tells me not to use the clutch unless I have to. He says using it to shift every gear is just burning up the clutch plates which in turn will cause me to have to replace my clutch more often.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
technically you dont have to use the clutch... gears are synchronized enough that wont be that bad but i always do...

604 Posts
"Crashing" through the gears is very possible. I have done it on all my bikes and do it some on my 350 but it isnt good for it...not that i had any problems out of any of them but it isnt something that should be done 100% of the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree 05 Raptor 350 Blue. also it much cheaper and easier to replace a clutch then it is to replace stripped or broken gears. I know people do drive without the clutch but unless you can line the speed and rpm's up perfectly every time it is more whear on the trans that should be soaked up by the clutch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
in my VERY LIMITED experience, i have noticed that downshifting without the clutch slips into gear much much easier than upshifting. but i'm pretty fast at upshifting so I just use the clutch. same amount of time virtually. hope this makes sense, i've been drinking...

·
Registered
819 Posts
in my VERY LIMITED experience, i have noticed that downshifting without the clutch slips into gear much much easier than upshifting. but i'm pretty fast at upshifting so I just use the clutch. same amount of time virtually. hope this makes sense, i've been drinking...
Hahahaha. I understood it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
that was perfect... i delete posts off this website in the mornings all the time lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya ive never had a problem shifting without the clutch, and how long have you been ridin, someone who shifts with the clutch is probably a rookie, unless ur double clutching it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.