Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us are headed to the coast, possibly Winchester Bay here in Oregon presidents day weekend.. Anyone else up for going?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I saw your post, another oregon guy, cool...then I see you're in K.Falls...what are the odds, me to!!! I might be heading up to charleston to fish and winchester to ride just not sure what weekend yet, maybe I'll see ya 'round.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so now it's lookin more like horse Falls, I've never been there, hopefully it's good.. Sounds like it's just a lot of open riding, not to many hills??? And a lot of bumpyness, not to smooth of sand?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
every time i have been their, sand is all tore up. no smooth sand anywhere. alot of people ride there. the farther north you ride the better it gets. might see if your group is willing to go to spinreel. id meet up with you but i broke my collar bone in 2 places so im going to miss about 6 to 8 weeks. :)

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been there done that one.. colar bones suck. Figure 8 straps are no fun. and any time I took mine off my colar bone would float around. It hurt.. I've never been to spin reel. We'll have to check it out.. kind of a big group going.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Less than 2 weeks and it looks like Winchester Bay it is! Have to spend a little time getting the quad Dyno'd when I first get there, but should be worth it! Anyone else planning on going?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Looks like i might be going to winchester bay after all that weekend. still wont be able to ride cuz of my broken collar bone-found out its broken in 2 places not just one. anyway my wife and her sister & sisters husband want 2 go riding that weekend. I get to be camp boy, and they said they will get me coloring books " what ASSHOLES" pickin on a guy when he's down. anyway im going to throw in my extra new set of sand tires & wheels, I think you need to try them out for a ride. with the tire set up i saw you running in the pic you put up of you & your buddy on the lakeshot finger your missing alot. at least it will give you a feel for a better tire set up. my extra tires are the same as whats on my 700 in my pic, except i haven't spent 5 hrs on the fronts lightining them up. there just spare's. tire size and brand is also in my sig. I'll let you know for sure as date gets closer. 8)

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good man, Hope you can make it. Sucks bein camp B**** all day. Maybe you can at least put around, eh.. maybe not, forgot about having to have your arms forward. I guess there are reasons to own a Razr.. LOL.

I drive a red 94 GMC pickup, tinted windows, extended cab. Not sure if the grandpa canopy will be on it or not. We'll probably be at Windy Cove, unless we end up down in the camp grounds right across from the Dune entrance.

As far as my tires, yeah I'd love a ride on another set up. I bought these used off of a guy on Craigslist. 250 for the set, and it came with the Douglas wheels, at the time I was broke and just needed sand tires. I'm thinking my next set will be Extreme Hauler 21x10x10 8 or 9 paddel rear and either sand star or mowhawk fronts in a 21". Right now I've got 10" rims all the way around, 10 wide in the back and 8 up front I believe. The rears are a 20"x10x10 8 paddel, fronts are a 22" GBC dune tracker <--- I hate those!

Hope to hear from ya, we're leaving saturday, early morning. Two of us have Dyno apt.'s starting at 10. We'll be headed back home Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts