Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crankshaft position sensor. my buddies bike has been sitting for a few months now and he went out to fire it up and when he turned the key on it gave him the code 12 error and would do nothing (also replaced the battery). checked all the connections to make sure they all had a good connection and it still does nothing. is there an actual sensor that can be replaced or are we missing something? how do we fix this problem?

thanks, aaron

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh someone will chime in sooner or later. thanks though, ill be at work till bout 430 tomorrow afternoon so i wont be able to answer any questions tomorrow til i get back.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Pull the inspection plug on the side of the case and put a socket on th crank and make sure it will turn. Hopefully it didnt collect moisture and set the piston in the cylinder. Also check to make sure the crank sensor is still plugged in. Its on the back of the engine just above the sprocket. Follow the wires up to the white connector beside the throttle body.

·
Registered
664 Posts
BTW if the piston is stuck dont force it. You can either tear it down or an old trick I have used was pull the plug and pour a little diesel fuel in the the cylinder and let it sit overnight. then try. People may cringe at this idea but it works. Change the oil after that if it does. These are just ideas.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got home today and my buddy called to let me know it was runnin fine now. the starter relay was makin some noise whenever they tried to start it and it would give the code 12.(not turning over at all) he said he hit starter relay a cpl times and it fired rite up with no codes. shut it off left it alone for a cpl hrs and it still has no codes and runs fine. fucking wierd, any ideas why the starter relay would cause it to throw the code 12?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
SHHHHH i stole this from another site LOL...

CODES / ITEM

12 Crankshaft position sensor
13 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
14 Intake air pressure sensor (hose line)
15 Throttle position sensor (open or closed circuit)
16 Throttle position sensor
21 Coolant temperture sensor
22 Intake ait temperture sensor (open or closed circuit)
30 Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)
33 Ignition coil (faulty ignition)
41 Lean angle sensor (open or closed circuit)
42 Speed sensor/ Neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage)
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on EEPROM
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitioring voltage)
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error)

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Dammit! Oh well i try! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts