Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Ok as said before, completed a major service on the quad before i even started it as it was in a bit of a state!!
, then started it, it ran for 3 seconds and cut dead!!!
since then i have checked every connection i can find
replaced the coilpack and tried the old one on another raptor it was fine!
tried resetting the ecu it wont have it
swapped ecu mine ran perfect on the other quad,
still getting error code 33 and its driving me nuts!!!

somewhere there must be a broken wire or a bad connection but short of stripping the loom out, I have no idea where to look next,
so has anyone had this problem before?
has anyone any ideas if there is somewhere the coil 12v lead goes other than to the Ecu?
anybody found a broken/chaffed wire somewhere on the quad causing
a non run situation?
checked the pins in the ecu connector all fine
im at a loss now:mad:

help?

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ok as said before, completed a major service on the quad before i even started it as it was in a bit of a state!!
, then started it, it ran for 3 seconds and cut dead!!!
since then i have checked every connection i can find
replaced the coilpack and tried the old one on another raptor it was fine!
tried resetting the ecu it wont have it
swapped ecu mine ran perfect on the other quad,
still getting error code 33 and its driving me nuts!!!

somewhere there must be a broken wire or a bad connection but short of stripping the loom out, I have no idea where to look next,
so has anyone had this problem before?
has anyone any ideas if there is somewhere the coil 12v lead goes other than to the Ecu?
anybody found a broken/chaffed wire somewhere on the quad causing
a non run situation?
checked the pins in the ecu connector all fine
im at a loss now:mad:

help?
Mine is an 08 and I just got it back from the dealership after being in there for almost 2 months.I had power to the coil but no spark coming out.Since it was still under warranty the factory had them trace the problem then strip the harness.They never found the actual problem but did replace my harness.They said It had a direct ground short somewhere not letting the coil get the pulse it needed.I think a new harness is only a few hundred and really easy to swap out.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is an 08 and I just got it back from the dealership after being in there for almost 2 months.I had power to the coil but no spark coming out.Since it was still under warranty the factory had them trace the problem then strip the harness.They never found the actual problem but did replace my harness.They said It had a direct ground short somewhere not letting the coil get the pulse it needed.I think a new harness is only a few hundred and really easy to swap out.:)
Hi Bill,

thanks for the info, must admit it did cross my mind about rewiring it,
the only clue i have is it went upside down before it was delivered, but i found the lean angle sensor latched open and thought it was that, but it made no difference, guess i have to accept that its a fault in the wiring somewhere, as new harness would take months to get here, think i will strip it out and check it right through in the absence of any other idea,s

·
Registered
15 Posts
ive got the same problem with mine. will crank but no spark - also code 33

mine was during a wheelie, i bailed bike at 2oclock position and the kill switch teather did its thing.

wont start now. Tried another ecu and it runs fine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got the same problem with mine. will crank but no spark - also code 33

mine was during a wheelie, i bailed bike at 2oclock position and the kill switch teather did its thing.

wont start now. Tried another ecu and it runs fine
I swapped ecu and it still has code 33 and wont run!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will have to check your coil.
I am sure there is a section in the service manual for checking it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,

well its been a few weeks, and i had three of them in hospital for an eye operation, however despite having 2auto electricians have a look, and jury rigging half the wiring, it still would not clear the code 33,
so today i fitted another loom complete,

the damn thing started as soon as i looked at the start button never mind pressed it!!!

it must have been a dead short somewhere as Bill said in his post,but could not find it, may just strip the old loom when i get a spare few mins,

so thats two we know of had this problem, wonder how many more will turn up?
just got to put the quad back together and I can go and enjoy it now!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts