Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was putting around with my little ones for a day and a half. Trying to reve it up every once and a while just to try and charge the batt. Next morning the bike did not fire off right away. When it did start all seemed well. Got down the trail away and the check engine light came on and the quad started spit and spuddering. Code 46. I thought no big deal just charge the batt right. Nope, Charged the batt. and know have a ticking comming from the relay under the seat near the rear of the bike. What do I do next! I'm freaking out!!!:wow:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take it down to be tested right now be back soon

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
it would be kind of weird that a battery would cause the bike to run different. do you have fresh fuel in it? was it sitting long before u ran it last?

looking at your mods the spark plug one (not sure what it is) or the blue wire mod?( fifth gear sensor removed) could be it also have you checked those?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Batt is good. Just incase used my wife batt. and same thing. It will start but not run right and still has the 46 code. When I turn on the switch I dont hear the fuel pump priming just that ticking fron that solenoid

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pulled the spark plug and looks good with great spark. The 5 gear mod should not make any differance in the lower gears right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the rectifier behind the right head light come slightly un pluged now everything si back to normal thanks for the help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what i thought when the charge did not work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dam that is not it!:mad: (tryed) to start the bike today and no GO:( So went through the same things as yesterday and fired up. When i pull the relay and plug it back in it runs for 15 to 20 min. thens dies. The fuel pump seems to not be primming when the key it turned on. Help please:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fuel pump? When I unplug the fuel pump the the check eng. goes off and the relay quits ticking might be the problem

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any one know how to test the pump?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well now that I've been through everything I think the broblem is a faulty relay. when testing it half the time it test good and the other not so good. Will replace the relay Monday. Hope this is it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not the relay! to make thingh worse broke an exhaust bolt when I pulled the exhaust off to check the wireing harness! Dam the luck. This sucks it is so nice here right now and no 700 to ride.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
you can check the pump to see if its priming my taking that top hose off and using a bucket or gas can and take the plug cap off and just turn the key on it should pump for about 1-2 seconds then just tap the start button and it should do it again. after that just hold the start and let it crank over for like 5 seconds or more and it should continue to pump in there. have u checked the pump filter? i doubt its that but u never know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got it fixed it! Was the starter relay where the 20amp fuse and starter wire are. Some how it shorted out with out blowing the fuse. Post were complety blackend in side the relay. Thanls for all the help..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts