Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2006 700 that is all stock and I’m breaking it down to get ready to install my big 3 that is en route to me. Figured I’d do some normal routine maintenance while I was in there. When I pulled my plug wire, the boot slid and broke the wire. I’m not real familiar with these machines but it seems the wire is directly wired to the coil. I didn’t cut it open (yet) but do I need a coil pack/wire combo? Is there a benefit to going aftermarket vs stock (dynatec or similar)? I have read about the plug wire mod. Just figure I’d post here before ordering parts to make sure I go the right route. I have posted other threads so the active members may be aware but I am not building a monster raptor. Just a dune machine with a little more po and the extent of my motor Mods will be big 3 (DMC force 4’s, FCI wirh box, PC5) for now and soon will be doing 11:1 piston, stage 3 cam, +3 throttle body and a mild port. Please help point me in the right direction so I can get one orderdd and hopefully get it here before or close to when my big 3 package arrives. I’m itching to get out and ride. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like it could just be pressure fit into the boot. Still please help me be sure. I am not a mechanic. lol

·
Super Moderator
8,530 Posts
I would just get the whole ignition coil part, it’s only $20 or less.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Oem. Can’t beat oem quality and I know it supports well into the 90hp range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts