Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a type of cold air intake for my Raptor. The only problem I see is that sometimes it will be letting more air in than other times and the jetting will not always be right.
Should I continue with this or quite because of the problem above.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it's a 700 I don't see what the problem would be there is no jetting, it's fuel injected. If it's a 660 I can't help ya, i'm not familiar with em. But if your gonna do a type of cold air check this link out...http://www.electricsupercharger.com/
Something new to look at if you haven't saw it already.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It works for atv's, I found out about it from a guy that had one installed on his 700.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Xlr8hers said:
It works for atv's, I found out about it from a guy that had one installed on his 700.
That thing pulls way too much power for an atv's setup. I think that would fry our stuff.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
The electric superchargers are absolute tripe. Do not waste your money.

If you need to know why, go back and take some high school physics. To produce any meaningful boost, a supercharger needs about 100X as much power to drive it than that 12V motor will every produce,

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you are talking a forced air induction like on some sport street bikes, than you may have a lean prob unless the FI computer can adjust for it. I would guess we could pick more power if we could get cooler air into the engine. I think you woudl be OK if you dont have a venturi (funnel) setup on the end of the intake facing forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts