Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a MSD Blaster FI ignition, full GYTR exhaust and intake on my 2006 and now the bike tends to die shortly after a cold start.
The bike starts fine, idles about 10 seconds or so and then dies. It re-starts without problems but the same thing happens, it idles a few seconds and then dies.
The only way to avoid this is to tap the throttle a time or two and then it seems to stay running without dying. This did not happen prior to the installation of the ignition and aftermarket parts.

Does this sound normal or is it something that I should be concerned about? Could the map that I was provided or mods be the reason?
The idle was left untouched after adding the mods but it seems to be fine and don’t think it is too low. I did a short test ride and it appeared that everything (throttle response, shifting, etc.) appeared fine. Just an FYI, my gas is from last fall (October) but had been treated with Sta-bil prior to storing for the winter.

My current set up:
2006 Raptor 700
GYTR Full Exhaust
GYTR Intake
EHS Racing Airbox Lid w Outerwears
MSD Blaster FI (setting # eight)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anybody else experienced something similar to this?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine does the same thing and i've also been waiting for an answer :D
I thought i could be my TPS out but havent checked it yet. Far from that point right now.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I've worked with my Yoshimura PIM fuel controller on the LTR 450 and a problem like that was simple to remedy. I'm not sure what fuel programmer you are using but add or subtract fuel at 0 throttle at the 1000 and 1500 RPM settings until you get the idle circuit steady.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've worked with my Yoshimura PIM fuel controller on the LTR 450 and a problem like that was simple to remedy. I'm not sure what fuel programmer you are using but add or subtract fuel at 0 throttle at the 1000 and 1500 RPM settings until you get the idle circuit steady.
Thanks for the tip. That's something I could easily try and see if it helps.

Kevin

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shit, Mine has being doing this since I bought it.. :)
Thought it was normal, I just blip the throttle a few times and its good then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts