Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the valve clearances today as per sticky page. I have #25 pilot, 155, and 160 main, with k&N filter that fits with lid on, no snokel, factory pipe. i can choke it, but still takes some time to crack it up. Now I have to hold my chock cable and pull back on thumb, cause my cable clamp on handle bar is broke. I am sure i am getting full choke. I am also trying to trace down why I am overflowing from carbs when gas is left on, I have pulled the float seat and replaced the O ring, is there one where the rubber tip needle seats in also? Any tips on both?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I checked the valve clearances today as per sticky page. I have #25 pilot, 155, and 160 main, with k&N filter that fits with lid on, no snokel, factory pipe. i can choke it, but still takes some time to crack it up. Now I have to hold my chock cable and pull back on thumb, cause my cable clamp on handle bar is broke. I am sure i am getting full choke. I am also trying to trace down why I am overflowing from carbs when gas is left on, I have pulled the float seat and replaced the O ring, is there one where the rubber tip needle seats in also? Any tips on both?
You need new needle and seats for the carbs and as far as the idle up problem, open up your fuel screws some...........or your pilots may be dirty.................

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need new needle and seats for the carbs and as far as the idle up problem, open up your fuel screws some...........or your pilots may be dirty.................
Will hurt the performance with the needle and seats like they are while riding until the new ones come in?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for advice Willy, I adjusted to 2 1/2 turns and it fired up from cold start with no choke, I had one about 3 1/2 turns and one 1 1/2 turns I dont know how i did that but I check and fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts