Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on atv connect and some douche is saying that the rap. 700 has cold starting problems! :lol: I don't know about you guys but i have NEVER had a cold start issue with mine! I would like to get some opinions on this bc this home is trying to badmouth the raptor! It was 10 deg this morning and mine fired up on 3 cranks!
P.S. i know it is the grizz that has the problems so rant away like i did! :thumbsup: Have a good evening

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Let me guess it's JL Sparky :lol: the know it all who knows nothing. I'll find his post and put my 2 cents worth in. This guys spreads more disinformation about raptors than any one idiot should be allowed :chair:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I went riding today and its about 20 here in massachusetts. Mine started right up and had no problem what so ever. We rode for about 30 minutes, had a couple beers, about 30 minutes i started it back up, it started right up but was still cold, and it felt as though it was bogging out almost like a 2 stroke would do. Once it was warmed up i had no problems. So as far as starting problems i dont know what that dude was talking about. mine was fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaptorRandy27 said:
Let me guess it's JL Sparky :lol: the know it all who knows nothing. I'll find his post and put my 2 cents worth in. This guys spreads more disinformation about raptors than any one idiot should be allowed :chair:
Thanks for the backup! The guy is a tard!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thought you guys said COLD!

It's really cold here.

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

mine is in the garage, but after two weeks of sitting, it started instantly

This is probably a good time to talk about fuel stabilizer etc. I know Yamaha has one that they sell, anyone using it? My bike isn't very old so I haven't added it yet, but now that it's too friggen cold to ride, I only start it every week or two and let it get nice and warmed up. What are you guys using?

·
Registered
767 Posts
We rode in -22 Fahrenheit weather earlier this year, Raptor wasn't crazy about starting but she did nonetheless and performed flawlessly all day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
HEY RAPPY WHERE ABOUTS IN MASS R U. IM DOWN IN RI

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
started mine in -25f , took a bit of cranking but fired up. i'd say any colder than that and you wouldn't want to be outside anyways :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
IM USIN PARTS UNLIMITED STABIL WORKS FINE

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
700hornet said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
Glad to help dispell misinformation, ecspecially when the guys a hater!
We got him on the ropes now :grin_nod: He tried saying the Raptor and the grizz have the same ECU so they both have the same cold start issues. I pointed out that they are not and have different programming from the factory and a fellow 700R owner backed me up with the 2 different part numbers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mess with one of us you get all of us! :beer:

·
Registered
200 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
700hornet said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
Glad to help dispell misinformation, ecspecially when the guys a hater!
We got him on the ropes now :grin_nod: He tried saying the Raptor and the grizz have the same ECU so they both have the same cold start issues. I pointed out that they are not and have different programming from the factory and a fellow 700R owner backed me up with the 2 different part numbers :thumbsup:
No doubt. He does seem a little jealous of the 700 and always tries to find something negative to say about them............ :confused:

·
Registered
596 Posts
jelous people envy

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey upsguy, I live in westborough, its two towns from worcester. I know rhode island pretty well cause i use to live there and go to school

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just replyed also. It is always amusing when a guy who doesn't own or ride the quad weighs in with in correct information. that is one draw back of the internent, everyone is an expert and has a platform to try and prove it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts