Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have trouble with their reverse switch in cold weather I can turn knob but wont click into gear, or throttle sticking, and my front brakes dont work anymore and my frame below the engine is in like 1 1/2 inches of ice :grin_nod: 9 degrees sucks balls :unsure:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
sorry... no problems here..mine is in about a million pieces,..but then again it never gets cold here in smurf land!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a flood of blue :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Hey I have had this problem aswell with the reverse switch. I believe your cable is getting wet and freezing, I've just been dealing with it, I have mine in the shop just about every night at work. I guess you could douse it with some methyl hydrate (lock de icer or air brake antifreeze). Up here we have to be careful about lubing these due to the cold temps freezing the grease or oil, I think I'm gonna clean mine up and throw a bit of my 0w40 in to lube it a bit. See it it works, if not I got a Dr. D reverse switch coming anyhow.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont have a heated garage, yet... 50x80 is getting built this summer by my dad and me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Lock de icer

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Give me 10k and I will go get one :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts