Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, a new topic for me..... Now my bike will be hauling some ass but it dont look so nice. I need plastics bad, Im preety set on Maire. Currently my bike has red frame, black plastics, and silver suspension and nerfs. Im thinking about

black blingstar iron cross
black handlebars
black grap bar

leave suspension and nerfs silver and frame red, basically the only thing im changing is the bumper, grab bar, and hadlebars from silver to black

this is what I like, posted from some other guy on here in the 700 section

And my grill is red but what do you all think about painting it black, or wait just getting a black one. And also I think the black wheels look preety sweet, you guys recomend painting them? My Hubs along with my frame are powdercoated red so the red through the black wheels I think will look sick

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think that would look great if you went with a blacked out theme ona red frame. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The black and red would look sweet!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I painted my 660 rims with a spray in bedliner and it chipped away pretty quick. I wont ever go throught that hassle again and will just buy black rims next time. Cause it took a while to paint them, then took a while to strip the paint off once they were all chipped away. It wasnt worth it in my case. But buying black rims, now that looks sexy. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That spray in bedliner stuff sucks, painted the whole inside of my old jeep with it and it chipped away real fast. All spray paint will probably chip real fast though. Where can I find some black rims at a reasonable price? Been looking a little and they seem real expensive

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Teraflx said:
I think the cheapest Ive seen are about $250 or so and those are the ITP C series. For about $4400 you can get a set of these with tires.....
ah..ha..hmmm..you mean $440.00, I seen 4400 I was like these mother...f'ers better me made out of gold..not aluminum with black powder coat!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhh, for $440 I would have bought those in a heartbeat but I just bought a set of GNCCs for the rear a couple days ago. That would have been perfect. If I hadnt bought my rear tires yet could have saved over $100 with that package AND I wouldnt have had to pay to get them mounted. Im gunna call Troy Racing tommorow and see if I can get that deal but without the rear tires

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
rt said:
ah..ha..hmmm..you mean $440.00, I seen 4400 I was like these mother...f'ers better me made out of gold..not aluminum with black powder coat!! :lol:
Oops :grin_nod:

Ya, big difference. Thats another option John, get yours powdercoated. Some local coaters will do it pretty cheap if they can fit them in with another batch of parts. Ive seen deals as low as $75 or so for wheels locally.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
John said:
Oh yeah, theres a shop in town. Didnt even think about that, Ill be sure to call them tommorow. Thanks :thumbsup:
No prob, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like the black/polished lip rim style like on my lightning so I got bored one day and did a little custom painting on mine, taped off the lip very carefully and prepped and painted the inside portion. Very happy with the results I'll get some pics up here in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I thought there was a powder coat shop in town but it turns out they do some other stuff for companies that do powdercoat or something. I dont know, but the nearest place is about an hour away.

So since I ordered my rear holeshots from Troy Racing and the tire/rim combo was also from Troy Racing I gave them a call to see if I could change my order. I talked to the guy that handles the ebay sales - Jeff, he told me they hadnt shipped my tires out yet so I could switch to the combo if I wanted to so I was like yeah. Then he said he likes to warn people about how the rims scratch very easy and wont look good for long. He said since they are aluminum rims they will flex and mess up the powdercoat since aluminum is soft. So I decided to stick with my stock rims for now. Jeff was really cool about it, they could have easily sucked the extra $270 out of me but he said he would rather have a happy costumer than make a little extra cash. I will defiantly be doing more business with them in the future.

I can still switch today before they ship them out, what do you guys think about the powder coat scratching? I know they look good but its a lot of money to shell out if theyre only gunna look good for a couple months. He also said they dont shine like in the picture if they get dirty, only when theyre clean. What about those 700R's, the SE's I think that come with black rims, Are there any more options I have to go with black?

·
Registered
455 Posts
that is the ugliest raptor i have ever seen. i would rather look into my toilet after sh*tting then look at that ugly piece of sh*t.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:thumbsup:

Are you talking about the pic of the 700 in my first post? Its not mine, I like the color combo it has and want mine to look similar

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I think hes talking about the 07 se raptor in general,.I think :3question:
anyway...I think its orange..dark orange and black?? I may be wrong though!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Black rims look great, but it's a theme you'll want to stick with. If you go with black rims you won't want a lot of billet and chrome elsewhere. You'd be best off with red anodized pieces like the levers, gas cap, etc.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts