Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blew the clutch cover gasket:banghead: ive got a oem one should i just go with it or buy a cometic? if so where can u get them? I cant seem to find one, all i can find is top end gaskets

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
how do you "blow" a clutch cover gasket?

oem or cometic are fine. i use oem.

rmatv or motosport

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Cometic makes some good gaskets. When you take the clutch cover off, the OEM's always rip, no way of getting around it I guess... not sure about aftermarket ones though... anything's better than stock:cool:

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Probably just messed it up re-installing. Go OEM, way cheaper and no sense in buying something that expense when OEM with do the job. :thumbsup:

When you take the case off make sure and clean off all the old gasket and don't nick the case.

P.S.
Rappy don't reuse them.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Probably just messed it up re-installing. Go OEM, way cheaper and no sense in buying something that expense when OEM with do the job. :thumbsup:

When you take the case off make sure and clean off all the old gasket and don't nick the case.

P.S.
Rappy don't reuse them.
I have reused many Cometic side cover gaskets and never had a problem with them. OEM's well they are 1 time use but the Cometics on the 660 work great when reusing. I have used 1 about 6 times now and it do leak a drop out of that cover. Sounds like you can only use OEM on a 700 though. I would not reuse a OEM one they suck to try to seal up the 2nd time and its not worth it IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts