Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a full engine rebuild. Its Probably going to cost me $2k. I was going to ask them to just do the bottom end while I did the top end but apparently I dont have the proper tools. Does anybody know of a complete engine rebuild kit that has EVERY part needed for a decent price?
I rebuilding the engine on an 07 raptor 700r even worth it or should I just trade it in towards a new one?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,414 Posts
You need a flywheel puller, clutch basket pliers, valve spring compressor, calibrated torque wrench, and a piston ring grinder, as well as basic hand tools too.
There was a recent post about rebuilt motors, I think around $1500. Search for it.
If you do it yourself, you don't really need clutch pliers or ring grinder. You can hold the clutch with the copper penny hack, (or nickel per 4stroker). Have your cylinder honed and they can also set the ring gap. If your valves seal good, you may not need a spring compressor.
That leaves a flywheel puller, can be bought on ebay, a torque wrench and basic hand tools.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
There was a recent post about rebuilt motors, I think around $1500. Search for it.
If you do it yourself, you don't really need clutch pliers or ring grinder. You can hold the clutch with the copper penny hack, (or nickel per 4stroker). Have your cylinder honed and they can also set the ring gap. If your valves seal good, you may not need a spring compressor.
That leaves a flywheel puller, can be bought on ebay, a torque wrench and basic hand tools.
Lmao. Bling bling mfers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,414 Posts
Just a few words of caution.
Hotrod cranks have a bad reputation for cracking.
Use a SCE head gasket. $100+
Use a head stud kit, $125.
Use a crank bearing support plate, $35.
Check the head for warpage, a common problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,195 Posts
The Wiseco piston wasn't the concern, it was the Hot rods crank. Hopefully it works out well for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts