Raptor Forum banner

What should I get ?

• Cylinder works 727cc 9.2:1

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Cylinder works standard bore 11.5:1

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Spend the extra cash for the Trinit 734cc , it worth it.

Votes: 15 83.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I learned that my quad will probably a complete engine rebuild since it ate a lot of dirt.

So I came on 3 options, I'll keep my stock cams because I don't want to have to remap my PC, the closest dyno is like 3000 miles away overseas :D

First I've look at the cylinder works kits:

- 727cc big bore kit with a 9.2:1 compression for about 430 bucks
- Standard bore high comp 11.5:1 compression for about 450 bucks.

Which one of this kit will pull the more hp/torque ? the more reliabe one ?
They use Vertex pistons, don't know if thoses are good pistons.

Last option is the more expensive... it's the 734cc Trinity big bore kit with either a JE 11:1 piston or CP Tech 10.75:1 piston.

I'll run pump gas, and would be looking for the most reliabe build that will last long, also want the best bang for my buck and probably won't do the cams.
What is the best option for me ?

Oh and will I need to remap my PC with a big bore kit ?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Trinity all the way man! Trinity cylider with a CP Tech piston and you can't go wrong! Do it once and do it right IMO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you're going to open it, might as well go bigger AND high compression :) I don't think you can go wrong though, just go with whatever you can afford.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what I though, if I take a JE piston the trinity is "only" 150 bucks more.
I planed to get custom graphics for that price... I think it'd be better to take the trinity instead of graphics...

Just wanted to have some feedback about the cylinder works stuff, don't know what it worth.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Why don't you just bore and plate your cylinder and then order a 11:1 CP piston from one of the site vendors. The 11:1 will be just as reliable as stock and I would'nt buy anything from trinity. You should not need to remap just by adding a big bore kit alone, the piston won't affect your fuel/air ratio. The 734 + 11:1 piston will get you the most Tq/Hp of the three selected, but I would not get it from trinity.Give a call to one or more of the site vendors, I'm sure they can hook you up with what you want, most have cylinders and pistons on shelf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
734 trinity kit

Hey sounds like the same thing happened to me got a bunch of dirt in the motor from failure to clean the airfilter on dusty days. Anyways i just had the 734 kit installed on my raptor with 11.1. You have to buy a efi controller for any bore kit so it get the right amount of fuel. These you can get for roughly 200-250. Air filter and pipe are also a necessity to open up the true power of your bike. I just ordered the dual trinity pipes and am waiting on them to arrive ill let you know what i think of them.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you just bore and plate your cylinder and then order a 11:1 CP piston from one of the site vendors. The 11:1 will be just as reliable as stock and I would'nt buy anything from trinity. You should not need to remap just by adding a big bore kit alone, the piston won't affect your fuel/air ratio. The 734 + 11:1 piston will get you the most Tq/Hp of the three selected, but I would not get it from trinity.Give a call to one or more of the site vendors, I'm sure they can hook you up with what you want, most have cylinders and pistons on shelf.
I live in Tahiti and I don't think anyone bore and replate cylinders here...

Why wouldn't you get trinity stuff ?
It's the only 734 big bore kit if found online...
It'll ask Steve from tqs to see if he has other options.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey sounds like the same thing happened to me got a bunch of dirt in the motor from failure to clean the airfilter on dusty days. Anyways i just had the 734 kit installed on my raptor with 11.1. You have to buy a efi controller for any bore kit so it get the right amount of fuel. These you can get for roughly 200-250. Air filter and pipe are also a necessity to open up the true power of your bike. I just ordered the dual trinity pipes and am waiting on them to arrive ill let you know what i think of them.
Yeah I allready have the fuel controler and full exhaust.
Are you happy with the 734 overall ? what piston did you choose ?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
If you aren't planning on going crazy with the cam then you would even be good with the JE 11:1 for that added compression. If you want some graphics just send your plastics over here. My daughter is getting pretty good at her finger painting, lol. But seriously, you could get with one of these guys that bought a new quad and see if they will let you claim the free graphics kit from Yamaha! Seems like more people are going to the "no stickers" look so there might be some unclaimed kits you could snatch up!

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a good idea :D
But I was looking at full custom graphics with custom logos, numbers... anyway, they'll probably wait lol

Yeah I won't go crazy on the cam, if I do it I'll stick to hotcams.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I live in Tahiti and I don't think anyone bore and replate cylinders here...

It's the only 734 big bore kit if found online...
It'll ask Steve from tqs to see if he has other options.
Then I would just order from TQS/RE or whoever you choose, I'll bet most of them have bored/plated cylinders ready to go, and I have heard way too many horror stories about trinity....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I agree with him, if there are other options out there, I would definitely look them close. Trinity customer service is total crap in my experience.

... but then again they seem to be the most popular BB kit out there for the Raptor 700, so I wouldn't rule them out either.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the heads up about trinity.
I though they made good products, they most likely did but you guys had problems so... I'm looking for the most reliable build since Tahiti is very far from everything.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Trinity does make a good product. This is kind of like the hotrods crank issue. If enough people talk shit about them, then they are going to start to get a bad rep. Do any of you naysayers have a personal experience with a less than par Trinity product that you would like to share? If not than it's not very polite to start slinging mud when they didn't even track it on your porch, if you get what I'm saying. I personally can deal with bad customer service. I consider it a challenge. DASA for one, IMO, has horrible customer service. That was my experience with them. But I'm not going around saying they put out a bad product either. My pipes were well worth it! They must be one of the most popular BB kits for a reason, right?

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I'll still consider trinity in my options.

As far as customer service, it doesn't really matters since I'm in Tahiti, I can't send my stuff to them.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Do any of you naysayers have a personal experience with a less than par Trinity product that you would like to share? If not than it's not very polite to start slinging mud when they didn't even track it on your porch
Before you go out on your soapbox...fist off I said nothing specific about them, have I personally had issues...no, cause I won't buy from them. However, I have more than a few friends that have....and did it ever occur to you that if they had always produced a great product, no one would know if their customer service was bad or not......I would suggest a site sponsor.:eek:... But you may choose to buy from anyone you want

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Before you go out on your soapbox...fist off I said nothing specific about them, have I personally had issues...no, cause I won't buy from them. However, I have more than a few friends that have....and did it ever occur to you that if they had always produced a great product, no one would know if their customer service was bad or not......I would suggest a site sponsor.:eek:... But you may choose to buy from anyone you want
There is no soapbox here. All I'm saying is if you are going to say negative comments about a company, than at least let people know why you feel that way. So in your logic, how do people know that Barkers has good customer service? Or racers Edge? Or any product for that matter? Your reasoning is flawed. Please continue....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.