Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Here is the deal. 03 Raptor, Supposed to be built,bought from a guy that says the guy he got it from said it was built. He has no Idea what was done, he's not into it.Has lotsa stuff on it,and i'm not familiar with some of it.Has yoshimura full system, shock covers,dynatek modual[Brain ?] with three different advanse curves?[little switches] skid plates all around. and the bars around by your feet. Airbox has clamps onto carbs, but what looks like an alum. block it hooks into. The airbox lid has Two red slides built into the top that can be opened up. they are open, were when I got it. This thing is wicked fast,seems like especially on the lower end,but I never got it into high gear yet,only got a 4 acre field and i'm at the other end before I can max it out. Question; can I tell if it has a piston, say 11:1 by the compression??Haven't a compression tool, but If I could find out that way I'd get one. Any Ideas or educated guesses???Maybe if I had an Idea of different compressions for different size pistons I'd at least have a clue. Oh ya, starts and idles fine, runs very smooth.I've had no trouble starting it in teen weather, but runs better when its warmer. Thanks for your input in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
SO you want to know just in case you have to run race fuel, because its usually required above 11:1 on a raptor??? OR you just want to know to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, For both reasons :grin_nod:It seems to run faster on the #2 setting on the advance curve for that Dynatec modual. My first bike, and I don't have a book.Anybody know what the stock compression should be? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Bill G said:
Here is what you are running, just from what you told us:

yoshimura full system
shock covers
dynatek ignition module
skid plates
the bars around by your feet <=== these are called nerf bars (like on a truck)
Airbox has clamps onto carbs, but what looks like an alum. block it hooks into <== Pro-flow Adaptor
The airbox lid has Two red slides built into the top that can be opened up. they are open, were when I got it <=== these are probably some sort of increased air flow mod.
If you wanted to rejet it, you could take the whole entire airbox lid off and get even more out the bike.

My guess is that if he went into the motor, he probably would have gone with a different exhaust. Just my guess though. The compression will be different for stock piston and an 11:1 piston. If CoalShedRacing doesnt peep this topic, PM him and ask him.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup: you found a great place!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If you do a compression check the OEM rating is 132psi with the decompression release. If it's higher than that by a significant amount then it's likely you've got a high compression piston.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts