Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My raptors battery was bad so I bought a new one and installed it and everything, I was trying to start it and the compression sounded alright and everything and then it just stopped. The battery cables got really hot and then the neutral light dosen’t turn on or anything like that. What could be my choices of problem? Like it wont start or amything, no power from the brand new battery

·
Registered
811 Posts
You have a short or bad connection somewhere. Check the grounding wires and contacts on the battery, starter, relays, etc. If you have amp meter connect it to the battery + side and check if it is drawing any current when the quad is off. It shouldn't draw any or close to none. Now turn the ignition on and measure again. If the current stays high (few A for more than a minute) then start unplugging things to find the issue. Don't start the quad with amp meter connected since you'll fry it. Charge your battery.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
One of several things - battery cables or connections are corroded (most likely), starter is siezed or brushes are worn, engine is siezed or auto de-comp has failed.

Check cables first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts