Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start my build this weekend. I was looking at 686cc with 11:1 compression. Stg 1 cam. I hear that the stock rod is weak. My question is.... What puts more stress on the rod? I don't want to change mine because I'm kinda broke. I only drag race on sand and hit the trails. Is it an issue with too much compression or the weight of the larger piston? Should I go 673cc with 11:1 or 686cc with a 9.9:1? Stock is 9.2:1 I believe.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I know this isnt what you want to hear, but that stock 660 rod is not strong. Seems alot of the builders like to refer to it as a wet noodle. Id call a couple raptor builders and ask them but I doubt anyone will recommend it. Maybe twebb can chime in, i think i remember him saying they built a few 660s

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so I went to Kenz today and he did tell me that he wouldn't run the 11:1 with the stock rod. I did talk to someone the other day who ran it with no problem. I decided to err on the side of caution. I ordered a 686cc piston but got one with only 10:1. Wish I could have done the 11:1 but I went down a rabbit hole and the price to do it correctly was over $1000 if I did the top end myself. I can't justify spending that much on a quad I only paid $2000 for. Plus I only really race my buddies and it's not like I win $$$, just fun and bragging rights😁.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts