Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who ran a falicon knife oval beam connecting rod for trail or race. im not putting down carrillo rod has noting to prove in atv's they are good.I have to get my crank done and want some opinion . Im not looking to put down falicon OR carrillo they both have a good background and i have to make up my mind over witch one to go with. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Falicon is great, just have a habit of charging a premium for their parts and services. Not that they aren't worth it.

The carillo is heavier than the falicon, both are quality parts and very strong.

There are also some additional options out there, depending a bit on what kind of engine you are building.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
No experience with Falicon but I do with Carrillo, they are ungodly expensive but very strong................when the counterbalancer and connecting rod made contact in my 02 Raptor years ago, it blew the counterbalancer right out of the engine, the rod was also damaged, bent very sightly, but the main damage was the case............if this was a stock rod I'm sure the rod would have broke first..............

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same as one of mine. mine seemed like the key on the counter balance gear sheared but not sure if thats what cause all the destruction . one thing it it made one heck of a mess.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
same as one of mine. mine seemed like the key on the counter balance gear sheared but not sure if thats what cause all the destruction . one thing it it made one heck of a mess.

same here....the day after i bought it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts