Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a 2009 Yamaha Raptor 700.

Hello guys, I live in Ontario Canada and just recently bought a 2006 Yamaha Raptor from a guy who lived on a farm, got a good deal and the bike mechanically was astounding everything was clean and ran amazing no issues at all very low hours etc. However he did hit a tree back in 2019 and replaced the two I believe a frames at the front or the right side one only, it shifted the radiator slightly, broke front grill and right headlight and cosmetic stuff at front. However it ran amazing and I sold it because I wasn't a fan of the broken up cosmetic etc. Now I found a deal for a 2009 Yamaha Raptor with a rebuilt done with 4 hours on it, and he said its done about 5100 km in general. Do you guys think if the rebuilt is done I won't have any future issues with it? im not a savvy mechanic and I don't trail my atvs just ride it a couple times up and down the street. let me know of anything I should be aware of like with a high mileage but recently rebuilt raptor700 thank you!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The term "rebuilt" is very vague. That could mean anything from just new piston rings and put back together carelessly with all the old parts, or it could mean every single bearing, crank, piston, cylinder, valves/springs/seats, etc. was replaced by a knowledgeable perfectionist. Id ask for more info on the rebuild, like what all was replaced and who did the work

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
i wouldn’t be concerned with the miles or hours personally. As long as he has done good maintenance and has records of it, that’s about the going price. Looking at that pic it looks to be the red one, SE? It would be worth every penny. I personally love that color.

Reactions: jsg593

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I ended up buying another 2006 and actually posted another thread because im not sure if its just more abused than the current 2006 I had or if theirs about to be a major mechanical failure somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts