Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas, how tos. maybe a 12:1 FPR? something.

this is my frist post and i would like to say that i have a 03 raptor 660, completly stock. I rode it hard for a couple years then let it sit in my garage, and then my kids took it out and rode it and the past 6 months it has been sitting out side in the rain, in fear of it having been ceized(checked the oil,, there was none) or hydrolocked, seat and air filter were out, i began to change plugs, change gas took the carbs off and did a years maintence in an afternoon. Well after searching for new pads and fluids i came acrosse a turbo 660.. i have a ihi rb32 turbo, really small in my garage and i can get piping and all of that from a metal shop down the street but i was thinking the fuel pressure to raise while under boost.. how. its not a pump, its gravity.. any help.. thanks'

Taylor

and before you say this or that and that im a noob, please understand that i have built numourus hondas, nissans and fords, all turbo applications, nitrous or superchargers. i work at national speed race shop, so ive done it all.... thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ya know I can't really help ya out much with the fuel pump situation, but there is sombody who might be able to. lol I cant remember the name of it but go to google and do a search because a guy has put a turbo on a 400ex and on a raptor and he has all sorts of info and stuff about it on his website. That might be of some help to ya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey that, thats were i saw it, ill drop that guy a pm. im taking the raptor to the metal shop tomorrow for designing IC pipes and manifold and a DP, ill keep you guys posed

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
check out kmsperformance.com, they have fuel injection kits for the raptor, as well as turbo charging kits.
I'm sure with your experience you'll be able to save on the labor portion of the parts, as well as the turbo.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
this should be interesting.

If you only need 5-7 PSI, then those are readily available. You need to make sure it is rated for continious use though. Don't try to use a fuel pump from a nitrous system, they are not for continious use.

Why do you need the fuel pump? Are you converting it to EFI along with the turbo? If you plan to build a pressure manifold to fit the backs of the carbs, I don't see why you need anything other than the gravity feed system, I could see the need for better carbs though, but the gravity feed fuel line supplies enough fuel for 75HP naturally aspirated engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, were going to start by pushing 4-5 psi by the wastegate then im going to upgrade to the 12 psi springs with a MBC. hopefully the rappy will hold togheter, i want to find some way to up the fuel entering the engine, maybe the AFM screw or semething

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think you're going to find that a carb swap or a switch to fuel injection is going to be needed as well. The stock Raptor carbs have vacuum operated slides. As soon as you put boost to them, the slides are just gonna shoot upwards and it'll be pig rich at anything less than wide open throttle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
when turbo charging a carb engine you have to raise the fuel pressure by 1 psi for every psi of boost you run. Also you need to pressurize the float bowls. You can use the stock raptor carbs with a turbo even though they have vaccum slides.

The best way to do fuel system is to get an electronic pump and pressure regulator that will increase fuel pressure as boost rises. There is alot more to it than just slapping a turbo onto an engine. The mounting and tubing is the easy part. Tuning the system to run correctly with out any problems is the difficult part. If you don't have any previous experience with turbos you have quite the task a head of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts