Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Coos Bay next weekend. I've only been to Florence and Windy Bay. Where would the best campsite be for a travel trailer and that has ride in ride out? From my research it seems there is Horsefall and Spinreel. Which is the better of the 2?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Fewer people at spinreel, and sand is always smoother on the spinreel end of the dunes. horsfall is a great place too, just so many people sand is ruff. either place your going to have fun. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
either way you cant really go wrong. last time i stayed at spinreel i think it was spot #25 and i liked it because it was on the corner so you only had neighbors on one side of you and it had a huge grass area too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Coos bay is a Awesome spot to ride.. If you stay at the south end at Horsfalls You are close to the drag strip and lots of the competition hills and congestion. On the flip side if you stay at Spinreel then you have to navigate all the way south to get there and if your built your fuel may be a little on the scarce side by the time you get there if you stick to the middle and then head to the beach. I really like staying in the middle area. the KOA next to the Hauser depot is pretty nice. You can catch the access road to the beach. got north to spinreel or south on to horsefalls. There are other places to stay along the way and Riley ranch too now its open. Just my prefrence.

·
Registered
205 Posts
[. I really like staying in the middle area. the KOA next to the Hauser depot is pretty nice. You can catch the access road to the beach. got north to spinreel or south on to horsefalls. There are other places to stay along the way and Riley ranch too now its open. Just my prefrence.[/QUOTE]

i 2nd that the KOA is my personal favorite there is a little store showers and a real toilet and alot of campsites the canp hosts are great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts