Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously thinking about starting to race and was wondering how much you all spend and what kind of racing you do.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
MX, depending on how far you drive at least $100 a day. Like a national race you will spend at least $350 or better. This is also taking in account nothing gettin tore up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MX is probably the route I would go if I did race just because I think it would suit me more and I have some friends that go. Thing is, is that I cant get no pratice to see if I do like it because the places my friends ride dont allow 4 wheelers on weekends. By the way do you win cash when you win.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Trophies. Got to get on the national level to really do anything money wise but I dont do it for the money...even if I were winning money.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I could see the enjoyment in just being out at the track but I was just curious.
How often do you race and is there a certain time of year to start because I am guessing its on a point system.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I do XC.....can spend around $100-$300+ for a full weekend of traveling and all

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
You start off in Amatuer Class first......when you win all you get back is your $25 entrance fee......once you move up in classes you start winning $

Look in your Local area and find your self some business sponsors that will pay your entrance fee and maybe some % on parts for your bike if you advertise their logo or decal on your bike, my friends do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
WoW...thats cheap, road racing i would spend around 2000.00-2500.00 a weekend im glad im get'n out of that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
All depends on what you want to race, I do desert racing and the cost is not too bad. The entry fees run $50-$60 with a pre-ride fee of $10, and most of the time you need to have an AMA membership which is only $39 a year. That is the minimal cost jut to be in the race, the real cost comes in travel and camping out. MOst of the races are within a 250 mile radius from where I live so gas for the truck is around $100-$175 round trip, then I spend around $200 for beer, food, snacks, gatoraide, and more beer. I also have to get fuel for the rappy which is around $50 (1/2 and 1/2 blend of 91 and 101 octane). If you have a camper then you need gas for the generator and propane tanks, but those last more than one race so say $250 a year total. Thats just to go racing, the cost of maintenance on your quad and equipment will depend on how you ride, crash, and type of racing also how much you train and practice ride.

I've been racing since 04 and have spent around $8000 and I am trying to get a new camper now and I still need to do a full rebuild on my quad before I can race again, so that figure will go up a few more grand :3question: But I love it and it is great quality time with the family :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I race GPs and XC.

On avrage this is what I spend

Yearly
Membership: $35
D Card: $15

Per Race
1 Tank of gas (truck): $60
Quad Gas: $15
Gate Fee: $7