Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a 07 450 for cheap but it has a cracked piston and the crankshaft bearings need to be replaced. i am pretty mechanical and have rebuilt 2 strokes but never a 4 stroke. i know its a whole nother game but i think i will give it a shot. has anyone ever done this or had it done? and what is the cost? is there anything else i should do while the engine is torn apart? im thinking i will just put a whole new crank in it.any help or advice is much appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Providing that the cracked piston and the crankshaft bearings are the only things that need to be replaced, I would think that your cost would be a new piston, the new crank, and the required gaskets and such. Shouldn't be too much, $3-400, but again, I'm ballparking based on the assumption that nothing else is wrong.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm a Yfz guy, a crank it 250-300$, piston 200$ gasket kit 100$, replace timing chain and main bearings, that's another 80$, and ud want to inspect all the other bearings and such, and the cylinder may be toast aswell, you can replace or replate for about 250-300$
But if the price is right it's well worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts