Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I had the rappy runnin pretty good and we took it riding yesterday, I made it about 2 hrs of riding and went through a little water and came out the other side made it about 15 feet and it died. I tried to start it and at first nothing, then by the time I got back to the truck I sould get it to run but everytime I hit the throttle it would choke itself and die! I am thinking it may be dirt in the fuel filter, or maybe the fact that I normally run 93 octane in it, but I didn't know someone put 87 in my 93 can so the last little over 1/4 of a tank was 87. Any ideas would be great!

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Are you running high compression? If not then you shouldn't need more than 87 octane anyway. It would seem unlikely that you got bad gas since it ran fine until you got it wet.

I would imagine you may have a problem with one of the rev limiters, at least that'd be my first thing to check along with other electrical connections involved in those.

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
Spark plug cavity is wet, or the parking brake switch connector is wet, definitely NOT the gas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thanks guys I got looking at it last night and it fired up i rode about half way around the yard then it died again, when i got it back to the garage i pulled the boot of the plug and seen all the water, figured i would dry it all out and put some dielectric grease in there to keep the moistrue out. thanks for all the help though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts