Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was told that the fcr's would work with the stock intake boots... which they don't. That isn't the major problem because I have an intake manifold that takes care of that problem but the throttle cable also doesn't cross.

Which cable do I use? YFZ450? Are all the yfz's the same from year to year? Do I eliminate the choke cable completely? I have a couple other questions but I forgot them for now... I'll remember later tonight when I work on it some more.

·
Registered
839 Posts
YFZ cable is the ticket. The large spigots on the FCR's wont fit stock boots. Many dont know there are different size and offsets available for FCR carbs.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Just got done tearing my engine apart and it amazed me that the engine still ran. The top ring (no joke on these either) had 1/16" end gap, 2nd ring had nearly 1/8" and my cam chain was stretched so much that there were little marks from the exhaust valves not closing before the piston came up! Its no wonder it used so much oil!

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what class steel the frames are made out of?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YFZ cable is the ticket. The large spigots on the FCR's wont fit stock boots. Many dont know there are different size and offsets available for FCR carbs.
I see that the fcr rack is set up for a push/pull style. I can just use a pull if I want right because I am using a thumb throttle not a twist throttle right?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. So I got everything in there. Had to trim the little compartment in front of the battery out so the airbox could slide back an inch or so to fit the FCR's. Now my question is on the FCR's which is the fuel in line. Is it the top line or the bottom one. I originally thought it would be the top but not I'm beginning to rethink it. I would rather not have to take it all apart and open the carbs just to check that. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet. That is what I was thinking. I was pretty sure but didn't want to hook it up and have the gas just pouring through the carbs full flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts