Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the rings on my piston. I have a reddish brown ring, a greyish ring and of course my oil rings. I was wondering which ring is my top ring. is it the reddish brown or the grey. I think the red one is chrome and the grey one is cast

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
???? does anyone have any input or does everyone take their wheeler to a dealer to get worked on

·
Registered
907 Posts
Like I said before, one comp ring usually does not fit in one ring groove. If you got them both in easily, it should be right. Make sure they are in right side up also. One ring usually has a little indent on one side an the other usually has an imprint of a letter. Make sure both of those are facing up towards the head.

·
Registered
327 Posts
+1, TRF knows a thing or two about engines... if you have it together then you atleast have the rings in the right grooves...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thanks a lot trf....i did put the letters that were on the rings up. i didn't get very good directions with it. I was pretty sure i did it right. just wasn't 100% on the ring placement. didn't even notice they were diff sizes they probably were though just didn't pay very close attention

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Can you still run pump gas with this piston? I've heard you dont want to with anything over 11.1 or 11.5 at the most.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Some get away with it, some don't. It's close for sure.

I run a 105 bore 12:1 uncorrected deck height CP with a Web 4 cam. I have no problems with detonation until it gets cool outside (50 degrees or cooler). When I lug it, it detonates sometimes while at the Oregon Dunes. When it's sunny during the day, it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Some get away with it, some don't. It's close for sure.

I run a 105 bore 12:1 uncorrected deck height CP with a Web 4 cam. I have no problems with detonation until it gets cool outside (50 degrees or cooler). When I lug it, it detonates sometimes while at the Oregon Dunes. When it's sunny during the day, it doesn't.
Hey man i'm just about to pull the trigger on my head work! I only have 9bills to spend! So im thinkin;
HDD5050 cam $320
11:1 CP $210 highest recommended for sea level with enough cushion room to not worry about
rocker arm work $50 plus core charge $50
HD spring kit $185
gaskets $50
total of $815 plus core of $50
plus they supply an install kit with the cam as well as maps to suite my needs

and put a dl700 dynatek curve in for 40bucks.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
What head work are you going with?

11:1 and 5050 is a great combo for sure! That's what I had on my last build.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Well just a cam and piston for now cause the rest is to expensive. But i had another guy tell me that i would get bigger gains if i put the cash into a p&p, +2 exaust valves, and a bored tb.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Gimme a sec i'm gonna send you a pm k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts