Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After looking at the two I had to go with the CP. I had a wrist pin pull out of the stock piston and killed the motor, after seeing the back of this piston I went back to CP..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You did right bubba Happy fathers day btw bud

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
How does a wrist pin come out? Never heard of that happening. Did the circlip break? Can't picture if in the full down stroke does the pin clear the cylinder wall? Therefore come all the way out into the crankcase? Or did it come out far enough the piston just gets jammed in the cylinder?

Doubt your new CP piston clip will break! Those things are hellatious strong.

Those CP pistons are a thing of beauty for sure.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The piston broke open (pulled out of the piston) and the wrist pin busted the cylinder oh and it bent the rod.. I can't find the pic but when I do I will post it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
OMG!!! Nasty! I'll bet that was an exciting moment when you were on the ride, & not good exciting either! That CP is gorgeous though, man, the finish work on it is top notch. Who was the other piston from?

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vertex piston in a Cylinder Works Big Bore Kit in a 105mm. I think that it would work just find, just not for me..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gotcha, I wasn't sure at 1st on the acronym, thought maybe it was Cycle Works Racing & you just cut the Racing off of the CW. Yeah,he's it's not a bad looking piston, it Prolly would be ok but you're the one that has to feel good about it, that's how I view it anyway. I'm sure you could sell it & make a few bucks back.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Vertex piston in a Cylinder Works Big Bore Kit in a 105mm. I think that it would work just find, just not for me..
I think that vertex piston that comes with the CW kits is pretty low on compression, somewhere around stock, 9:1 or so but I am not certain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts