Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if anyone is interested, This is a 2009 CRF250X and Im sticking in a 1991 CR500 motor, The motor is a full Eric Gorr race motor, A little over 80HP, Wiseco drilled piston, 40mm Carb, flowed cases, Crankworks crank with Pro-X rod, It was one evil bastard in the the steelie frame, Im going to plate the X frame and use it as a road tard.. :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Looks pretty sweet man! I would love to shove one of those in my 400ex frame! I'm a pretty good fabricator, but not that good! Especially with aluminum.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I did this 2 years ago with a 2001 cr250 frame amd a 88 cr500 motor.
It was ported I bored it modified the head for proper squish which made a huge difference in how it ran then I bored a pwk to 40.5mm it was a great running bike with good power.

I also modified the head for a decompression valve that was the best mod I did though :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did this 2 years ago with a 2001 cr250 frame amd a 88 cr500 motor.
It was ported I bored it modified the head for proper squish which made a huge difference in how it ran then I bored a pwk to 40.5mm it was a great running bike with good power.

I also modified the head for a decompression valve that was the best mod I did though :)

The CR250 frame is a great conversion, I was going that way but I decided on the X frame as it is a green sticker here in CA, I'm going to put a light kit on it and get it plated.
Oh, And I have the decomp mod done.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Sweet I might do another one some day.
I do miss it from time to time I sold it early this year

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, I just have to weld the frame and get the rims back from the painter, Could be a few weeks.... :(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my head out of my arse and got the motor together, Hard to find bloody time.. :p

Eric Gore tune. Crankworks balanced crank with pro-x rod. Wiseco piston. Keihin PWK 41.5mm carb. Boyesen rad valve. CPI Racing pipe, Hinson clutch. Dirtdigger plates. 1994 5th gear. All other gears replaced new. Every single bearing and seal replaced. New water pump. Service Honda complete ignition (not fitted yet)

·
Registered
294 Posts
That thing is going to be a beast.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, The pipe is da sex, Its friggin sexxxy as hell.. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts