Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 raptor 700 I bought with a broken left side crank case. Previous owner threw the chain and it hit the shift lever hard enough to break the case apart around it. I’m in need of a new left side for my crank case. Will buy just left side or a whole case doesn’t matter to me. Trying to find good used before I just spend $700 on a new one.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I have a 2007 raptor 700 I bought with a broken left side crank case. Previous owner threw the chain and it hit the shift lever hard enough to break the case apart around it. I’m in need of a new left side for my crank case. Will buy just left side or a whole case doesn’t matter to me. Trying to find good used before I just spend $700 on a new one.
if you can’t find a used set un-damaged, might try rocky mountain atv, should save you about $200 off msrp for cases.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,590 Posts
I have a used left (drivers) side, center case for sale. It's in good condition except for a chip where it was pried on, not seen underneath. The gasket surface is in great condition. It has bearings and seals but should be replaced or at least cleaned. I can send pictures to your email or phone.

Note, 700 cases are machined as a pair, and mixed L & R don't always match.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When you say machined as a pair, where do they machine them at? Is it where the cylinder attaches or align bore bearing holes. I always wondered why they are sold separately if they are machined as a pair. I have replaced one side on two MX bikes in the past and have never had a problem. You would think with modern CNC equipment all would be in tolerance, but I have never seen how the cases are made.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
When you say machined as a pair, where do they machine them at? Is it where the cylinder attaches or align bore bearing holes. I always wondered why they are sold separately if they are machined as a pair. I have replaced one side on two MX bikes in the past and have never had a problem. You would think with modern CNC equipment all would be in tolerance, but I have never seen how the cases are made.
They are not sold separately.
The variance is usually where you mount cylinder.

·
10,590 Posts
Pictures sent to your email and PM sent.

I have always mixed cases for Honda and Yamaha when necessary, and, I've never had a problem either. I just wanted to let the OP know to check.

·
10,590 Posts
PM sent.

·
10,590 Posts
Tracking number sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts