Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR+5 crank said goodbye after 17 hour drive. The crank is bent in rod pin holes.

Now it is important to know something about costly choice.
Is there crank with larger diameter rod end pin?
What is the best crank available, which is hard enough material?

And how you guys get the transmission take beating?
I have lost last year the 4th, and now the 5th gear..

Mods are: Barkers, PC III, FCI, +2mm intake valves, HDD5050, Dynatek prog., 11,5:1 105,5 CP. (and +5HR)

Coming soon: WK54mm and very good crank.

Thanks and sorry for bad english, I am from Finland and its long time ago when I was in school. :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My HR+5 crank said goodbye after 17 hour drive. The crank is bent in rod pin holes.

Now it is important to know something about costly choice.
Is there crank with larger diameter rod end pin?
What is the best crank available, which is hard enough material?

And how you guys get the transmission take beating?
I have lost last year the 4th, and now the 5th gear..

Mods are: Barkers, PC III, FCI, +2mm intake valves, HDD5050, Dynatek prog., 11,5:1 105,5 CP. (and +5HR)

Coming soon: WK54mm and very good crank.

Thanks and sorry for bad english, I am from Finland and its long time ago when I was in school. :)
You can not change the big rod end pin to a larger pin since it must be the right size for the rod and bearing.
So your crank probably twisted, this can be caused by very abrupt starts, trans gears piling up, and a poor crank to begin with............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can not change the big rod end pin to a larger pin since it must be the right size for the rod and bearing.
So your crank probably twisted, this can be caused by very abrupt starts, trans gears piling up, and a poor crank to begin with............
Great answer, thanks a lot.
-Ask what you want, we answer what we want..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts