Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When replacing the crank what specialty tools am i going to need? Flywheel puller, crank puller, case separator? I think thats it? Do I need all three of these or are there tricks to replacing the crank without? Anything else i'm going to need? I know i'll need a new clutch cover and stator cover gasket and some yamabond. Am I missing anything? :3question: Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Use a steering wheel puller for the flywheel...tap on it with a hammer as you tighten it to help it pop loose. A couple of screwdrivers will work to split the case....I drove my crank out with a hammer but there are some threaded holes on the case that if you use bolts it can push the crank out. BTW my crank was toast so thats why I used the hammer..

Also red and blue locktight..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i've heard about pushing the crank out with the threaded holes. So the only tool i really need is something to pull the flywheel then? RM has a tusk flywheel puller for cheap but i don't know if it's the right size. I just don't want to buy a bunch of specialty tools if i don't need them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah i've heard about pushing the crank out with the threaded holes. So the only tool i really need is something to pull the flywheel then? RM has a tusk flywheel puller for cheap but i don't know if it's the right size. I just don't want to buy a bunch of specialty tools if i don't need them.
Go to Autozone and rent a steering wheel puller>>>Its free after you return it. BTW that flywheel dont like to come off so like I said tap the end of the puller to help w popping it off. You will know when its off for sure...lol.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on. Thanks guys. I pulled the motor out yesterday. I'll probably get the cases split next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts