Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had zero luck finding the crank install tool. Everything I’ve found says not compatible with the 660. I know you guys have said do the freezer trick but I honestly want to have the tool handy and not have to wait for things to freeze and heat up.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
IDK, but if the thread pitch on any of the 3 adaptors match your crank I would think it would work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do
Read the descriptions.
And the cheaper one lists one more size that the expensive one doesn't have.
they do as in it should work, cause I have no clue what thread size the bolt is. From looking at it the setup seems to look like it works but I had no clue if the adapters are the ones to work with the 660. And its a big price difference. Didn’t wanna order and be stuck with it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
they do as in it should work, cause I have no clue what thread size the bolt is. From looking at it the setup seems to look like it works but I had no clue if the adapters are the ones to work with the 660. And its a big price difference. Didn’t wanna order and be stuck with it.
Do you have/can you take the bolt out?
If so, take it to a hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes, etc, and match the thread size, or some places even have a thread gage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I look at the part# for the Yamaha equivalent shows M10 & m12 threads for the adapters. For the cheaper model I pointed out shows includes M10, m12, And m14 so I’m I correct in assuming the cheaper one will work as well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
When I look at the part# for the Yamaha equivalent shows M10 & m12 threads for the adapters. For the cheaper model I pointed out shows includes M10, m12, And m14 so I’m I correct in assuming the cheaper one will work as well.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about in post#5

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
they do as in it should work, cause I have no clue what thread size the bolt is.
Bring it over this weekend. I'll take it to the store and have it checked for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I ordered the Yamaha part# one on eBay and they sent me a pit posse. No where on their listing does it state brand but it had the Yamaha part# says it was equivalent. Sent them an email cause the pit posse isn’t compatible with the 660.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts