Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 yfm700r, after several oil changes, the crankcase drain bolt has begun to leak oil.
had any problems similar to this? know of any fixes?
any help is appriciated.
thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Try replacing the drain bolt washer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crankcase bolt turns until barely tight and then if turned a hair more
becomes loose again.
threads are absolutly stripped, i am looking for a solution to this problem more specifically.

·
Registered
779 Posts
tons of threads (no pun intended) on this topic, best solution is drill and tap and put in hard steel insert, most US parts stores carry thread repair kits, you get the tap, drill bit, insert and new drain bolt I think. Read my thread about torque specs a few posts down from this one, good info for when you get it fixed up.

·
Registered
779 Posts
YamahaGenuineParts.com said:
This is also known as a helicoil kit available at most motorcycle dealerships.
Good luck !
Are you the dealer in Hamilton Ontario? if you are, I think I'm the guy that told you about this site! (Marcel)
You can make a lot of friends and loot here by putting some deals together for guys. I know I speak for most of us when I say we can't leave well enough alone on these Raptors. Always looking to modify and upgrade!

Marcel
Mississauga

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had the exact same problem. Bought a replacement from the dealer for like 13 bucks. Be real careful about the amount of torque you put on it. I'm looking for a good aftermarket replacement. Let me know if you find something better. The stock piece sucks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
may only be a temporary fix, but
added a thick drain bolt washer to offset the threads being used for torque.
ill update when i see how well it works and if it needs to be replaced after each oil change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.