Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
huh?

not sure I understand what happened? did it break when you took it out or put it back in?

If you search posts I made some time ago, there is a link I put up for a magnet drain plug. Most online stores have it. It's a Yamaha part (as far as I know) blue anodized oil plug with a magnet on the end for any metal particles.

MK

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[oil fill plug] thanks . under 10$. not bad. I bet if I go local Ill get charged 3x more.[oil drain plug] I saw the post 4 the fram ez drain .I think thats the way 2 go. I need to buy TQ wrench 3/8 drive. harbor freight has um 4 30$ or so.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Try checker. You can get a better brand for probably close the same price as harbor freight. I bought a couple of tools at Checker once out of desperation and found that I absolutely love the Powerbuilt stuff they have there. I thought I was going to hate it, but I keep going back for more when my crapsman and crap-ons break.

·
Registered
841 Posts
man that sucks, I had that do that to me b4 a big trip at the end of last year......had to order one from the dealer.....my quick fix solution to that problem was wrappin the threads with that air line tape (to early in th emorning and cant think of the name of it :lol:) and puttin it back in and snuggin it, worked like a charm....think even when the new one came in i rock it that was for another week or so.....but deff torque that bolt its VERY FRAGILE..think its like 7ft pounds or so

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
man that sucks, I had that do that to me b4 a big trip at the end of last year......had to order one from the dealer.....my quick fix solution to that problem was wrappin the threads with that air line tape (to early in th emorning and cant think of the name of it :lol:) and puttin it back in and snuggin it, worked like a charm....think even when the new one came in i rock it that was for another week or so.....but deff torque that bolt its VERY FRAGILE..think its like 7ft pounds or so
Does teflon tape (aka plumber's tape) work?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm thinking that the fill plug and drain plugs don't really need to be that tight. Just enough to keep them from vibrating loose. I haven't had mine out yet. I'm curious, are either of the two culprets pipe thread or standard metric straight threads? If they were pipe threads, you could see then how it's easy to over torque because the tapered threads tighten up real quick.

I figure if the oil pressure is low enough, then tightening a bit more then hand should do the trick. Consider the dip stick is done by hand, it stays put.

mk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Headrope said:
StuntPunkJames said:
Does teflon tape (aka plumber's tape) work?
yeah thats what i used...same difference :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.