·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trust fund babies I guess!

·
Registered
435 Posts
wow thats alot money rolling around there geez....i wish i could trash my stuff like that and not give a f***

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No kiddin man those are some expensive toys to just thrash. I used to have an old datsun b210 to do that shit with not a 15k razor LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
stupid people with no respect and to much money.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
they actually designed and built those roll cages and they were testing the durability. looks like fun to me:D

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
No hate here, just glad they aren't hurting themselves too badly and wish I had the time/money/toys to play like that with them because it looks like a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I can't really say too much good about that video because I don't remember seeing one of them wearing a helmet and they just seemed to me to be a bunch of rich a**holes tearing up expensive stuff and spending mommy and daddy's money. Kinda wish a few of them would have crushed a finger or two during one of those rollovers where they grabbed the top bar. Wouldn't have gotten sympathy from this guy.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Looks like a bunch of fools to me...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Helmets aren't required in SxS in most states, and the ones on the motorcycles and atvs WERE wearing helmets.

If you've ever watched a hill climb or the nitro jeeps in iceland you'd see that people routinely throw their machines at difficult grades. Sure some of these guys have sponsors, but most of them are amateurs.

This is a company that makes aftermarket components for these vehicles. They're out testing products, a job many of us would love to have. And the repairs are either coming out of their personal pockets or their company's bottom line, so it's not as though it's not their funds as some have alluded to.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Helmets aren't required in SxS in most states, and the ones on the motorcycles and atvs WERE wearing helmets.
There are states that still to this day do not require helmets on any thing. I wear a helmet when in a SxS unless at work were I am stuck with a hard hat. I do not own a SxS but if I did I would buy a half helmet so I would be protected yet comfortable.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
If you've ever been to London Kentucky to ride. It's not a "legal"ride area but... every body goes wearever they want. The buggie guys(Tube frame individual rear steering brakes) will find a 3-400' mountain side and 7 or 8 of them will sit at the bottom and take turns. Until one of them makes it. While one goes balls, out and then rolls back down. The others will sit there slammin beers and watch, help flip it back over. Then the next guy finnishes his beer and goes for it. Never saw a helmet. One guy forgot to strap in and gashed his head bad. Stood there lookin at mountin (blood runnin down his face) took acouple a swiggs o beer, jumped back in and tried another line. I only went there 3 times but watched the same thing several times. Oh yah we got shot at when we were way back in there once. 2 guys with rifles in 2 different spots on the surrounding mountains. At the same time, couldn't see them but could hear the reports.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Looks like fun! I would be a good crash test dummy though, lol. Product testing would be a great occupation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it's yours, do what you want with it.

But the grabbing of the roll cage when rolling had me cringing.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
If it's yours, do what you want with it.

But the grabbing of the roll cage when rolling had me cringing.
Yeah I didn't think that was a good idea either. If there building these cages you would think they would be putting in spots to hold on to without a chance of crushing their fingers. Atleast their testing these things before they ship the cages out, that way they know their not going to hurt any one by them selves.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
If you've ever been to London Kentucky to ride. It's not a "legal"ride area but... every body goes wearever they want. The buggie guys(Tube frame individual rear steering brakes) will find a 3-400' mountain side and 7 or 8 of them will sit at the bottom and take turns. Until one of them makes it. While one goes balls, out and then rolls back down. The others will sit there slammin beers and watch, help flip it back over. Then the next guy finnishes his beer and goes for it. Never saw a helmet. One guy forgot to strap in and gashed his head bad. Stood there lookin at mountin (blood runnin down his face) took acouple a swiggs o beer, jumped back in and tried another line. I only went there 3 times but watched the same thing several times. Oh yah we got shot at when we were way back in there once. 2 guys with rifles in 2 different spots on the surrounding mountains. At the same time, couldn't see them but could hear the reports.
Then I pull up on the rappy and run up the hill then spin around and comeback down :lol:

·
Registered
528 Posts
wow, would be fun to do that, but man going crazy like that without a helmet on boggles me. you can't fix stupid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts