Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an off today, hit a post quite hard.

Has anyone done this to a frame before and fixed it? i figure it can be done easy enough with a welder and a bit of metal fabrication.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did something similar about a year ago, ended up having to replace everything at the front right corner, handle bars and some others stuff. It cost me almost $900 to put it back together, not to mention breaking my tail bone. But anyways, I've personally seen and ridden bikes that were welded on. That whole bracket could be easily replaced. Just find someone who knows what they are doing, a little paint and you will be good.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'vegot someone lines up to weld up the gash. gotta get a colour match done for some paint. But hopefully I can get it done in a few months. Got an important beach race in October, so as long as Its done in time to practice for that then i'll be happy.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
wow thats pretty crazy. hope your ok

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah in good thanks buddy. I was fully armoured up. Broke the peak on my new shoei lid. I hit a telegraph pole and then landed on a street next to the track. Lucky really. Only injury is a bruised heel not sure how I got that though.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
i cant stop looking at the picture of your a-arms. ive never seen them break in so many places. is your frame bent anywhere? looks like you got pretty lucky, glad your ok

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the frame is ok from what I can see apart from the bit in the piture and where the headlight bracket bolts too which is slight pushed in. shouldn't be a problem sorting it. I guess when Ive got all the bits I'll find out how everything bolts up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had my shock get ripped out off the frame like that after I rolled it down a hill. There was a lot more damage, so insurance totalled it so I didn't have to worry about fixing it.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I managed to get some as new shocks off ebay last night for a good price. And if I get time tomorrow I'll be taking it to a welder/fabricator so he can sort the frame out. He's got a lot of experience and comes highly reccomended so hopefully he can sort it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Glad you are okay man, wow. And on the upside, at least your ball joints on your A-arms look okay too, lol. Too soon?

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not too soon lol. Too soon was my mate saying 'this is why bikes are better than quads' when I was still laying on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Not too soon lol. Too soon was my mate saying 'this is why bikes are better than quads' when I was still laying on the ground.
Hahahahahahahaha sorry, but that is too funny. And yes, that is indeed too soon. LOLLL!

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The raptor has been at the welder's shop for the day and it's all fixed up good as new, just needs a coat of paint. So I need to find a car that's the same colour and get a few rattle cans from the auto stores.

I've also ordered all the bits I bent from my dealer, just need a new bumper now, plastics and nose cone.

·
Registered
896 Posts
WOW man thats crazy. Glad you are ok. Should of told your mate that if you was on a bike you would have looked like the a-arm.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope, it's ok from the look of it. Worried I could have twisted the stem but I'll Only find out when I put it all back together. I guess the a arms broke up so quick that the track rod was ok. The wheel was pretty much on the nerfs afterwards.

I'm in my local motor
Factors now trying to get frame paint

·
Registered
538 Posts
Damn that was a hard hit!!! :wow:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts