Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clipped a tree with my front tire and flipped over on the side into a deep mudhole. Now, I turn the key and switch on and it does't make a sound. Any ideas on the problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I thought it might be because the on/off switch went into the wet mud. However, the lights are working.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the battery connection but not the fuses. Is there a sensor that could possibly need resetting?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
There is a tip over sensor but that should not keep it from cranking. Check all you connections and your batt voltage. Did the engine get submerged? if so pull the plug and see if it cranks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you didnt click your heels three times and say start damn it :thumbsup: just joking sounds like water in something.

·
Registered
337 Posts
can you pull start it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out today there is a emergency shut off sensor near the battery. It's a mercury filled lean angle sensor that can't be reset. I have to order a new one and will take 3 or 4 days. Every dealership said it was a specialty part and cost about $60. No riding this weekend.

·
Registered
767 Posts
MemphoRapto said:
I found out today there is a emergency shut off sensor near the battery. It's a mercury filled lean angle sensor that can't be reset. I have to order a new one and will take 3 or 4 days. Every dealership said it was a specialty part and cost about $60. No riding this weekend.
AFAIK If it's a mercury switch it will reset once it's on all four wheels, or is it smashed? Mine was upside down last week and it would crank but no fire until the key was cycled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, it wasn't smashed. I don't understand the meaning of key cycled. Could you explain?

·
Registered
767 Posts
MemphoRapto said:
No, it wasn't smashed. I don't understand the meaning of key cycled. Could you explain?
I just had to shut the key off and then turn it on again and it fired right up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
take off the poles off the battery, wait 5 min. and put them on again. It should be reset then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have a rollover sensor in them, if it rolls, it shuts down, you have to turn the key off and back on to reset.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Haha, I thought you meant pull start(weres the smillie pull starting a lawn mower when ya need one :lol:). I was like, Im missing that feature in mine- although I would like a backup starting procedure, a kick would probably be brutal on ya though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts