Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever turned their 660 into a mud machine, I got a grizzly 660 and most of our riding is trails with deep mud and momma needs a bike so I thought about building the raptor for her so what do y'all think? Maybe some 24-25" mudders and maybe a snorkel? Just thinking, ideas? Or am I being retarded?

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
Anybody ever turned their 660 into a mud machine, I got a grizzly 660 and most of our riding is trails with deep mud and momma needs a bike so I thought about building the raptor for her so what do y'all think? Maybe some 24-25" mudders and maybe a snorkel? Just thinking, ideas? Or am I being retarded?
I doubt if you willneed a snorkel, but some paddle tires will be good............:D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Mines a mud machine every time I see a big enough mud puddle to play in! I don't have huge mudders on it but I do have itp xtc 23s up front and 22s in the rear. Do u have any mods done to make it produce more power?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet, I do have a set of mud sharks and 22" realtors that both dig well I would like to pipe it and maybe go up a couple teeth on the sprocket size

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Many moons ago in a Dirtwheels mag a reader submitted photos of his Raptor 660 with 28" rear mud tires, which were the largest available at the time. Extended swingarm and very large rear sprocket were fitted. You won't need to go to that extreme but for 25" tires you'll still need a longer swingarm and some more sprocket.

There were some pictures of a 700R raptor with 25" tires floating around here some time ago as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought a set of 23" holeshot hd's on rims for $100 brand new condition. Slow start but progress nonetheless

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a couple of our toys,

·
Registered
125 Posts
I run a set of ITP mud lites. They are only 20" in the rear, but work awesome in pretty much any environment for a trail rig. Added bonus is that they are 6ply, but marginally heavier than stock tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts